JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/scarland/public_html/images/images/119



There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: images/images/119

 Here is the almost finished Bosch Triptych. 

A while ago I made a fireplace for the Upton House dolls house project and at the time offered to do a picture as well. They have in the Picture gallery a version of the Bosch Nativity that hangs in Madrid and, having a fascination for this piece, offered to do a copy.

I made the frame first. This proved rather more difficult than I thought. Starting with the frame moulding I 'ran' some plaster section about 5mm wide with a rebate to accept the picture. When these were dry I assembled them on a board cutting the mitres with a hacksaw, this I filled and polished ready to make a mould. With liquid silicone rubber I made a mould, released it from the plaster form and cast the resin frames. These I cleaned and laid with metal gold leaf followed by some oil wash as a distressed finish. All this took a while

The picture is painted in oil on thick primed paper. Building it up gently I defined colours zones slowly to create the illusion. Close up it is impressionistic - it had to be because that is how I work, I have not the minute brushes or the patience of a miniaturist!

But for me (and the NT curator) it works fine


{gallery} images/119{/gallery}